Sunday, 22 February 2009

Good Friends and Good Times

Dave and I feel so blessed that God has given us so many great friendships with people from his work. We got to hang out with our friends Ryan and Emily (and their son Asher) again this weekend. But our friend Abi also came for a visit which made for even a livelier party!

John practicing his walking with Abi. If you were wondering, he isn't walking yet. Well I guess it depends on what you define as walking. I would define walking as him taking more than ten steps on his own and not falling down all the time. We aren't there yet.



Asher, Abi and us



Asher, Emily and us. Asher and John were practicing their high-fives.


Asher with one of John's valetine balloons.



I think the video below is hilarious but it may just be amusing to me. Growing up in New Mexico I am used to having mariachi bands around a lot during festive events. So my parents and I took John out to eat at a lively Mexican restaurant and fortunately there were ceiling fans there so John was pretty entertained. But the most exciting part of the evening was when the mariachi band came and serenaded John while he was eating.



Cheers! One more week and I will be DONE with my Masters!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha, that video is hilarious! John is SO cute and I love how he bounces up and down and just keeps eating and enjoying the music! I am also VERY impressed with his eating- the kid goes to town!!! Maybe Holly will decide that food is actually something she's interested in after she hangs out with John next week and sees how much he enjoys it! Can't wait to see you soon!