Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Thank you, New Mexico!

Wow it's crazy to think we arrived here over two months ago and tomorrow we leave! John and I will leave this beautiful place as different people than who we were when we arrived. John came as a crawler and leaves as a walker. I came as a grad student and I depart finished with my degree (that is if they got all the paperwork... if you are from OU and you are reading this please email me back and say you got it!!!!).

But more importantly, we leave having been blessed by wonderful friendships, hospitality and love. First off, my parents, and especially my mother who arranged most of my internship, have been exceedingly generous and helpful. Our extended network of family and friends here have been so kind as well. I have especially felt blessed by those who have helped me with John. Seeing everyone love on him has been so encouraging to me during our family's current situation. If you are reading this and have been a part of our lives here in the 48th state, please accept our sincere thankfulness!

Below are a few snapshots of our time here:


Learning to walk with our friends


Spending time with Mikayla


Loving the Lobo action!




Miss Shianne, John's teacher while I was doing my internship



John's fabulous hosts. We love you Grandma and Grandpa.
We're heading back east... see you soon! Cheers.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the rest of your time in the US and safe travels! Hopefully we can all meet up again soon!

dani said...

sounds like you had a fantastic experience. that is awesome! now you are almost halfway done with the deployment...yea for you!!!