Sunday, 16 August 2009

Grandparents visit! And more rambling.

Dave's parents came to the heart of Texas for a visit this weekend



We enjoy visits from grandparents. They involve sightseeing, meals out, shopping, free babysitting, and sweating like pigs as we walk around San Antonio. We forgot how to sweat by living in England for three years. Thanks Mima and Papa for coming!

Now that the in-laws are leaving, not too much new and exciting is happening. We are still waiting for our car to arrive from England so we make many trips to the base each day. It could be worse. At least our car works and we enjoy getting out and about.

Soooooo, I am at a loss for what to blog about these days. Now that we are just a normal (well, semi-normal since we have a crazy military life) family who lives in America, there is nothing super special about us. So let me know if there is any topic you would like me to blog about. My areas of expertise are :
  • 19 month-old boys (who am I kidding I have no idea what I am doing)
  • "The Office" (don't give away anything as I haven't yet seen the end of season 5)
  • being the current world record holder for days without ironing clothes (just throw them back in the dryer to get out the wrinkles!)
  • extreme confusion over how to buy a house
  • Red Velvet Cake from scratch
  • Deep affection for 80s movies and songs... they make me feel like everything is right in the world. I am a sucker for watching Top Gun whenever it is on TV (and I love that the cuss words are censored out)
  • Planting roses that only bloom once
Okay this is getting long... give me a post idea so I stop rambling! how many people read this thing anyway? I need to get a hit counter.

Cheers.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Love any sort of random blog entry. Last night I had a dream we were going shopping at Coronado together!

Shouldn't your ending be changed to "Bye ya'll"! :)

Cale & Katie said...

lol! I love your post Kate! Lets hear more about this Red Velvet cake from scratch...I think you need to come over and teach me!

:-)
Katie

Rebekah said...

I totally read your blog. Um...also, I might beat you at the non-ironing gig. I last ironed Joey's clothes for his interview with Ball Aerospace (he has worked there over 5 yrs now!). Rebekah

Unknown said...

Ha ha, I love it! You always make me laugh :)

I would love to hear more about not ironing for days (I am the same way), red velvet cake (mine always turns out dry and crumbly) or 80's songs. Lately I've had an uncanny love for "Bette Davis Eyes". Glad to hear you had a great visit with Dave's parents and that everything in San Antonio is going well!

the watson family said...

Our iron is in the garage....it only comes out when we have company that asks about it. I then have to tell them to dust it off before using it! We miss you guys! God has your PERFECT house already picked out for you!!

deonna janone said...

i love reading your blog!

i want to know more about...
raising a boy, we don't have any here

annnnd, i think you should author a quiz on troop beverly hills OR the sound of music.

that way, you could see who is reading your blog (in theory) by the response to your cool quiz.

:D