Monday, 19 April 2010

When will the baby come?

Let's go Devils! I bet you didn't even know that the NHL playoffs were going on... don't worry, I don't either. Dave has to keep reminding me.

Soooo... I am 37 wks and 3 days along. That means full-term and also full-fear mode for me. I just start to get nervous about going through labor and delivery again, and what if it isn't as good of an experience as last time? What happens if I end up like Emily Watson and get to the hospital too late to have any medication? Or what happens if Dave has to deliver the baby on the bathroom floor because I progress too quickly? All these things come to my mind. I posted on Facebook how I am fearful of this and I got a lot of encouraging responses. It is great to hear from people who have been there who say I can do it. Thanks guys! I have also thought a lot about how I tell John to be brave and trust in the Lord when he is scared, so I have to do the same thing. This has also really made a difference in my mindset about going through labor again.

Today was my 37 week appointment but I only measured 33.5 cm so I had to go in for some monitoring. Everything appears to be fine (they will know more after I have another ultrasound tomorrow). However, I think they were trying to induce death by boredom for me as I was alone in a room for 2.5 hours while they had me hooked up to the monitor. I thought I was going to die. I was so thankful for our friend Lisa who was able to come watch John at the last minute.

My mom came for a nice visit last weekend and I realized I didn't take any pictures!!!! That is crazy!!! We had a great time and she helped get the house in order for the baby to come. I am grateful that she took the time to visit us because she is super busy.

In other news:
  • Dave and I are pretty bad at Super Mario Bros for the Wii. We keep getting killed on World 1. Lame. Frustrating.
  • John is so funny and so nutty. Lately when he wakes up he likes to sing at the top of his lungs one of three songs: The Star Spangled Banner, The Top Gun theme song, and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. So this morning when my alarm went off I laid in bed for a few moments before I heard, "I WENT TO THE DANGER ZONE! RIGHT INTO THE DANGER ZONE!"
  • Dave is now a "Big I" in his squadron, which means he is an instructor to the instructors. Way to go Dave!
  • I have attempted to grow some tomatoes in a pot... do you want to place bets on how soon they will die? I am giving them one month.
Cheers!

2 comments:

Ash said...

You'll do fantastic in labor! I agree with your friend who said that the second one comes out like a greased pig :)
I always measure behind during the last few weeks of pregnancy too. It's just how we're built. When you're petite to start with, you'll be petite when pregnant. Subtract the extra few cm of tummy "cushion" that you don't have and you'll measure just perfectly!
Love you and can't wait to hear the good news!

Team Downing said...

High-five Dave! I bet Dave is a great teacher.
I have nothing to say about the delivery bit. I'm scared to death so I might make it worse. I do know that you are a tough cookie and no matter how crazy the delivery may or may not be, you are so strong and can handle it. God doesn't give us situations that we can't handle.
You guys are in our prayers! Love ya!