Here are a few pics from the last month:
This sign has been up outside of Adam's class for awhile. Dave commented, "Why are they slapping kid's faces? And why weren't we notified of the first, second, third and fourth disease?" Ha! He keeps me laughing.
Mom came for another nice visit. We took her back to the Abbey gardens in Bury St. Edmunds (where we lived from 2006-2009). It is so beautiful... the city keeps growing!
Spring beauties :) This is Natalie's summer "party dress" as they call it here.
I took the little lady on a walk between villages while the canola crop is blooming. Thankfully I don't have bad allergies.
The first weekend in May the boys had a soccer tournament at the Cambridge United Stadium, so they got to play on the real Cambridge United pitch (pitch is what they call a field). They were so excited and both got medals. Thankfully my mom was in town and she kept Natalie at home while I ran like a crazy woman between both boy's games (which were at the opposite ends of the field, of course).
We celebrated Adam's 6th birthday! It was a complete Star Wars birthday. In this picture he is wearing his new Poe Dameron costume. The kid loves Star Wars and any kind of war game/battle.
My birthday closely followed Adam. Dave has been working a lot so he left me this on my bed... pretty much sums up what it is like to have a birthday right after your kid's birthday!
Lastly, it has been fascinating to watch a house on our high street get it's roof re-thatched. It has made me want to be a Thatcher when I grow up! It is real labor but it meets a practical need and it is a work of art too... how they craft it and even carve designs into it at the top. The guys just show up with a ton of thatch in their trucks and they make it into this:
Cool, huh? I think I have found my calling!! :) Cheers!










No comments:
Post a Comment