Sunday, 26 June 2011

Oh the stress of VBS!

Well last week was VBS (vacation bible school) at our church. I volunteered to help teach the 2 and 3-year-old class. I learned a lot about myself this week.... one thing being that I am not a gifted preschool teacher! It was so much work for me as I am not naturally creative in thinking of activities and things to do for this age group. I really have to work at it. I think I got my very first migraine after Wednesday's activities were over. So,... preschool teachers of the world, I thank you! That is a tough job!

In other news, Dave's student class is on the cusp of finishing the program. On July 15 his class will graduate and he will move into a new position. He has worked very hard at being a flight commander and I am proud of him.

Last week we got a special visit from The Segals and the Spauldings (minus Tim), our great friends from the Strike Eagle days in England. What a joy it is to catch up with old friends, let the kids all play together, and then watch the Bachelorette!

I haven't uploaded any pictures in awhile so here are a few. The first in the series are from when our friends, the McDonnells, invited us out on a pontoon boat with them on Saturday. It was a lot of fun as we got to see dolphins, swim in a shallow area of the bay, and watch the Blue Angel's practice.


Adam on the boat

John, Macey and Maddie

Driving the boat

Here are the Blue Angels flying over our house for their bi-weekly practice. They are actually much lower than they look.

End of the fly over at our house

A brief moment of closeness

Both watching a Youtube video of the Blue Angels
Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CUTENESS! Love your boys!